Guest post by dating expert Annie Gleason
It’s no secret that life changes after forty, specifically your dating preferences and habits. You just don’t think about dating the way you used to in your twenties and thirties. LoveBeginsAt recently launched in the US, which is an exclusive dating site for 40+ singles looking to connect with like-minded people to experience, share and celebrate the best things in life.
Although LoveBeginsAt can be used just like a regular dating site, it’s different because it encourages people to get together in person. In partnership with Dishcrawl, members can quickly and easily take online experiences offline into unique, stylish and safe settings. From celebrity chef ‘secret’ pop-up dinners to hands-on cocktail hours, LoveBeginsAt serves up low-stress ways to really connect with other like-minded singles. Rather than going on endless coffee dates, you can meet someone in a fun, but low-stress, and comfortable environment.
Their first launch events are in DC, New York and San Francisco starting next week. For more information, you can see all the upcoming events here.
LoveBeginsAt is also committed to improving your online dating experience by providing you access to a handful of experts (like me!) that will advise you on everything from building the perfect online profile to taking the best profile picture.
As a dating coach who works extensively with men and women over 40, I’m excited about everything this new dating site has to offer.
Here’s why you’re better prepared for dating than ever before:
- You’re more focused.
- You have a greater sense of confidence and sophistication.
- You know what you want in life.
- You value your time and don’t want to waste it in a go-nowhere relationship with someone who doesn’t want the same things as you.
- You’re aware of what it truly takes to make a relationship thrive.
- You understand what you need and what you have to offer. And, you’re aware of how important it is to be with the right person.
But, while dating is different after 40, you don’t want your online dating experience to treat you like a senior citizen and LoveBeginsAt would never do that.
Prior to launching the site, the experts at LoveBeginsAt carefully studied singles in their 40s to learn more about what they’re looking for in an online dating experience. In a survey of over 1,000 40+ singles, LoveBeginsAt found that:
- 79 percent of respondents said they wouldn’t lie about meeting someone online – proof that meeting someone online is no longer taboo.
- 59 percent of people surveyed said they believe they have more than one soul mate – proof that love doesn’t have an age limit.
- 55 percent say it’s because it’s difficult to find people they have things in common with in person because they feel uncomfortable trying to meet people in typical “dating venues,” such as bars (51%), and because all their friends’ friends are married (24%).
With this information in mind, LoveBeginsAt was created specifically for people in their 40s and have a more sophisticated perspective than they did in your 20s and 30s. Personally, I think that this approach to online dating for people over 40 is fantastic and feel privileged to be a part of it!
Photo Courtesy of Giuseppe Milo vis CC License in Flickr